My name is Mark Repka, I'm a 28 year old Software Engineer from Rochester, NY.
I graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology from the Computer Science program and am currently woking at Kodak Alaris as a Software Engineer. I primariarly work on web applications as a 'Full Stack' type developer.
I also have a really cute cat named Oliver!
I primariarly have experience in the following technologies and platforms...
- Nodejs Backend Development
- Restify / Express REST API Servers
- PostgreSQL / Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Linux Server Administration
- React User Interface Library
- Redux / React-Redux
- C# .NET WinForms Applications
- Windows Print Drivers
- Agile Software Development
- Jira Issue & Project Tracking
- Computer Networking
- NGINX / Lighttpd / Apache / IIS
- Docker Containers
- Raspberry Pi / Single Board Computers
- Linux System Hardening / Security
- Gatsby Site Generator
- Serverless Functions / Lambda
- DigitalOcean Spaces / Amazon S3
I have experience in the following programming languages. Green denotes extensive experience, yellow is intermediate level, red is beginner level or currently learning:
- Bash Shell Scripting
- Batch Scripting
- C# .NET (and Core)
- x86 Assembly
I have been running all of my home computers on some flavour of Linux since around 2009, generally Debian based systems, and have favoured a pretty stripped down system running i3 window manager with many of the xfce applications and tools.You can check out more of my specific configuration on my GitHub config files repository.
I am currently using the following systems...